Number of elementary, middle, and senior high schools that provide health education on alcohol and other drug use prevention
Number of elementary, middle, and senior high schools
A school is considered to provide health education on key risk behavior and content areas if they report having a required course on alcohol and other drug use prevention.
A school is considered to provide health education on key risk behavior and content areas if they report having required courses on all the topics listed in the question.
From the 2006 School Health Policies and Programs Study:
Now I'd like to ask which health education topics are taught in any of the required courses that we've listed. Please give me the numbers of the topics your school teaches at some time in required courses.
- None of these topics
- Alcohol and other drug use prevention
- Conflict resolution/violence prevention
- Dietary behaviors and nutrition
- Environmental health
- HIV prevention
- Injury prevention and safety
- Physical activity and fitness
- Pregnancy prevention
- Sexually transmitted disease (STD) prevention
- Suicide prevention
- Tobacco use prevention
- Other (List additional topics here): __________